Pregnancy is one of the most delicate times for expectant mothers and the unborn. It might be overwhelming for the mother-to-be, but getting a routine health checkup is essential to ensure both mothers and unborns are safe.
A mother-to-be requires a nutritious diet and a proper calorie intake. So, you can visit a healthcare expert who may do your physical examination, check your weight, and plan your diet accordingly. Do not avoid booking an appointment with the doctor if there is any medical issue; it can be diagnosed early without causing any significant problems. An expectant mother should have prenatal care for many reasons. You may continue reading the article to learn about it in detail.
What is Prenatal Care?
Prenatal care refers to the healthcare received by an expectant mother during pregnancy. It can help women to take practical steps toward a healthy and safe pregnancy. You can visit the best hospital for women’s care to ensure your unborn is born in poor health. The doctor may physically examine you and your unborn, your weight checkup, and much more to keep you safe. You may also receive a diet chart to ensure a nutritious diet.
Why is Prenatal Care Important?
Never avoid getting prenatal care if you are pregnant. An expectant mother requires the utmost medical attention and care to ensure that she and her unborn are safe and sound. If you are pregnant, you must visit the doctor immediately. To know more about pregnancy care and its importance, have a look at the below-mentioned points:-
- Monitor the development of Unborns
Prenatal care is essential for monitoring the development of unborns and ensuring the proper health of both the mother and the baby. Regular prenatal checkups can help diagnose or detect any medical issue early, allowing timely treatment.
A regular checkup can help your unborn prevent preterm birth, low birth weight, and other issues. Thus visiting a gynecologist or an obstetrician is a must to ensure that your unborn is thriving.
- Ensure the Proper Health of Expectant Mothers
You should know about pregnancy care to ensure the proper health of expectant mothers. Regular checkups can monitor their health and detect complications, if any. The checkups can also diagnose and manage pre-existing medical conditions, including blood pressure and diabetes, that can affect the outcome of pregnancy.
You may get counseling on healthy practices, such as exercises & meditation, stress management, and proper nutrition. Prenatal care can promote both the physical and emotional well-being of expectant mothers. Thus, you must visit the gynecologist timely to prevent any risk.
- Prevent Any Unwanted Complications
There can be some complications during pregnancy if you do not get routine health checkups of yourself or your unborn. To avoid any risk or complication, prenatal care is essential. There can be a timely treatment of your medical issue, if any, early on, thereby not affecting the pregnancy outcome. Doctors do ultrasound scans and other tests to detect any fetal abnormalities, if any. You can visit different healthcare experts that provide prenatal care.
Who Provides Prenatal Care?
You may get prenatal care from different kinds of healthcare providers. Some of these are:
- Obstetrician/ Gynecologist (OB/GYN): A gynecologist has specialized training and practice in various fields of women’s care, like pregnancy. You can find an experienced obstetrician near you and get a health checkup.
- Family Physician (FP): A family physician or a family doctor is a healthcare provider with knowledge and training in primary care, like obstetrics.
- Nurse Practitioner: You can visit a nurse for a health checkup. The nurse practitioner can also provide good healthcare.
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM): CNM is a nurse with specialised training to care for all women, like expectant mothers.
- Perinatologist: You can also consult a perinatologist to ensure you and your unborn are healthy. A perinatologist has a specialization in women’s care.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM): MFM is a specialist in obstetrics with education and practice to take utmost care of women with high-risk pregnancies. You can book an appointment with a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist.
Do not avoid visiting the best doctor while you are pregnant. You must get regular health checkups to ensure the good health of your unborn and yourself. Due to a routine checkup, if any issue is diagnosed, it can be effectively treated at the initial stage. Book an appointment with the best doctor and get prenatal care. You can have a balanced and nutritious diet to have great immunity. It is quite common for expectant mothers to get fatigued. Thus, you can include green vegetables, fruits, and other food items rich in nutrients, like protein. 9M Hospital is the best hospital for women’s care in India. We offer various facilities