Prenatal Yoga Classes
Prenatal Yoga Classes at 9M Hospitals
A pregnant woman aspiring to stay fit and relaxed during her pregnancy must consider prenatal yoga. Prenatal yoga is also a great way to prepare yourself for delivery. Therefore, performing yoga during pregnancy is essential and beneficial. It is an adaptable approach that connects the spirit and mind with our body. Prenatal yoga focuses on strengthening and gentle stretching, training the mind, and building awareness of the importance of breathing.
9M has prenatal yoga experts to create a custom routine for you. We offer highly personalized yoga classes for pregnant women to improve their awareness about pregnancy and teach them how to keep the mind, body, and emotions in balance to experience a joyous pregnancy. This programme will also help them learn how to safely deliver a baby without the emotional turmoil associated with it.
What are the benefits of prenatal yoga classes?
Prenatal yoga strengthens the entire body. It encourages stretching, focused breathing, and mental balancing. Prenatal yoga helps a woman have a happy and healthy pregnancy. The other benefits of prenatal yoga are:
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Improves sleep
- Increase flexibility, strength, and endurance of muscles required for delivery
- Strengthens and prepares you for labour, delivery, and motherhood
- Lowers back pain, headache, nausea, and shortness of breath
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor
- Enhancing the physical and mental development of the baby in the womb
During prenatal yoga classes, it can help you meet and interact with other pregnant women and prepare you for entering parenthood.
What happens during the prenatal yoga class?
During the prenatal yoga class, the instructors will teach you:
- Breathing. To focus on breathing and different breathing techniques to manage and reduce shortness of breath during pregnancy, labour, and delivery.
- Stretching. To stretch and gently move different body parts to relax them and reduce muscle tension.
- Asanas. Different postures to improve your flexibility, strength, and balance. You will be using props like mats, cushions, etc., for comfort and support while doing these asanas.
- Relaxation and cooldown. Cooldown is an important part of every exercise. At the end of the prenatal yoga session, you will be taught to relax and cool down your muscles and restore your breathing rhythm and resting heart rate. During relaxation, you will be told to listen to your breathing, pay close attention to thoughts, emotions, and sensations, or chant mantras to calm yourself.
Are there any safety guidelines for doing prenatal yoga?
It is important that you protect your health and the health of the growing baby inside you. You can follow some basic safety guidelines, including:
- Consult your gynaecologist. Before starting your prenatal yoga class, you must ask your doctor if it is all right to go ahead with doing prenatal yoga. It is best to clarify if you are at risk or have any conditions like heart disease that might affect your pregnancy that make yoga unsuitable for you.
- Have realistic goals. For most mothers, at least 30 minutes of moderate workout is recommended for at least 5 days a week. Nevertheless, frequent exercises can still help you stay in good form and prepare you for labour and delivery.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated while doing prenatal yoga.
Go slow. Refrain from overexerting your body and pushing yourself too hard. Slow and steady workouts are effective too.
- Please don’t overdo it. Listen to your body. Avoid postures that are beyond your comfort level.
- Avoid certain asanas and postures. Only perform exercises recommended by your instructor. A certain posture can affect your body, so you must always do prenatal yoga under the supervision of an expert.
Prenatal yoga helps you align with your mind and body and will smoothen your entire pregnancy journey. You must understand the possible benefits of prenatal yoga, follow the safety guidelines, and what the prenatal yoga instructors will teach you. Feel free to attend a free trial class at 9M.
At 9M, we are committed to providing the best possible care for expecting mothers. We have some of the best yoga instructors that will teach you prenatal yoga and ease your pregnancy . Our yoga instructors are certified and well-trained. Also, being in a supportive, positive environment with other pregnant women will motivate you to do yoga regularly and boost your emotional well-being.