Pelvic Rehab Centre
Pelvic Rehab Centre at 9M Hospitals
Pelvic rehabilitation is an area of physical therapy that is highly specialized and focuses on various disorders of the pelvis, including its joints, nerves, and muscles. The pelvic rehab centre at 9M includes treatment for all genders across ages with pain in the pelvic region, faecal or urinary incontinence, increased frequency/urgency of urination. It also includes pain in the buttocks, abdominal muscles, tailbone, vagina, testicles, penis, rectum, and pelvic floor. In addition, conditions affecting the pelvic floor muscles after an accident or surgery are also managed well at the 9M Pelvic Rehab Centre.
Physical therapists at 9M are specially trained to evaluate and treat different types of pelvic floor dysfunction and help patients improve their quality of life. Moreover, they help the patient rehabilitate damaged muscles and develop a plan of care. Our healthcare is customized to every patient’s unique requirement.
Pelvic floor conditions and symptoms treated a pelvic rehab centre
The experts at 9M treat pelvic floor symptoms that could stem from pregnancy and childbirth, chronic disorders, surgeries, and other trauma- or age-related disorders. In addition, a pelvic rehab centre may help with the following:
- Pelvic pain. Pain in the pelvic joints is linked with increased activity levels; pain in the lower back, lower abdomen, tailbone, buttock, groin, or genitals.
- Bladder problems. Urinary leakage, urinary retention, difficulty emptying the bladder, pain with bladder emptying or filling, urinary urgency and/or frequency.
- Bowel problems. Chronic constipation, increased bowel urgency, gas or mucous, leakage of solid stool, pain with bowel movements, difficulty passing stool, and incomplete emptying.
- Sexual dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction, pain with sexual activity, overactive or decreased arousal symptoms, etc.
- Pelvic organ prolapse. You may feel pelvic pressure and heaviness.
What does pelvic pain and incontinence rehabilitation involve?
Pelvic pain and incontinence rehabilitation involve evaluation and non-surgical treatments like:
- Strength and flexibility assessment
- Pelvic area internal and external muscle assessment and treatment
- Pelvic floor muscle surface electromyography (EMG)
- Myofascial release
- Postural exercises
- Diaphragmatic breathing and relaxation techniques
- Making customized home exercise programmes.
What does a pelvic rehab centre provide?
The pelvic rehab centre offers you the following:
- Pediatric pelvic floor therapy includes constipation and urinary incontinence in children.
- Prepartum and postpartum pelvic floor therapy includes treatment of urinary and bowel leakage, Caesarean scar pain and/or weakness, pelvic girdle pain, perineal healing postpartum, and diastasis recti abdominis (separation of abdominal muscles).
- Pre and postoperative care for
- pelvic surgery such as bladder sling, pelvic reconstruction, hysterectomy, and other surgeries.
- Pelvic floor issues related to neuromuscular and neurologic disorders such as spinal cord or nerve injury and multiple sclerosis.
- Pelvic cancer rehabilitation, including restoring function and managing pain after surgery and/or pelvic radiation for cervical, colorectal, or uterine cancer.
What are the various pelvic floor therapies?
Your physical therapist will assess your condition and set goals, and make a treatment plan that may include the following:
- Education regarding pelvic floor and behavioural retraining, including certain lifestyle changes
- Pelvic floor muscle retraining
- Myofascial release
- Functional dry needling
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Myofascial acoustic compression therapy
- EMG biofeedback
- Core strengthening
- Low-level laser therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Home exercise programme
A pelvic rehab centre is essential to address certain issues where medicines and surgery do not provide expected relief. You can rest assured about receiving the best therapy and treatment for your concerns at 9M. Our experienced staff are board-certified clinical specialists who will thoroughly evaluate your condition and create the most suitable physical therapy plan for you. Our therapists have specialized training in paediatrics, neurology, oncology, and other related fields. We are devoted to providing exceptional care for our patients. We make decisions based on physical assessment, medical history, and treatment preferences of the patient.
9M strives to provide various healthcare services, including diagnostics and effective treatment. Our goal is to provide optimal rehabilitation to all our patients. To provide the most conservative, comprehensive care while respecting the patient’s individuality and current physical status. Our experts can offer one-to-one physical therapy sessions in a private setting tailored to your health goals. As we are equipped with a wide range of technologies and therapies, we can identify a combination of treatments that works best for you. Our therapists work closely with specialists in urology, gynaecology, gastroenterology, urogynaecology, pain medicine, oncology, and several others to deliver you the best treatment.